Ignite has a progressive, collaborative culture in order to attract and retain the highest quality talent in the industry. We have earned a reputation as one of the ‘go to’ markets in the After the Event (ATE) and Capital Protection Insurance (CPI) space and are offering successful candidates the opportunity to work alongside experienced industry professionals in an energetic and exciting environment that encourages staff to think with an entrepreneurial and creative spirit. Join us and be part of the future of litigation insurance, globally.
Commercial Litigation Underwriter
Salary: £120,000 - £140,000 plus incentive package
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed commercial litigator to join our growing team. Reporting to the Head of ATE, this market-leading litigation Insurer is seeking a litigator with a minimum of 4 years post-qualification experience to join its technical underwriting team.
The suitable candidate shall be well-versed in a variety of commercial
disputes litigated in the High Court and other forums in the U.K. and will preferably have experience working with litigation funders and ATE insurers.
The role will primarily consist of undertaking due diligence on new large/complex risk opportunities and assisting in the management of the existing portfolio of insured risks. Over time, the candidate will grow their own portfolio of insured risks under the supervision of the department head.
- Reviewing and analysing legal disputes involving various factual scenarios.
- Understanding and opining on various types of legal actions, pleadings, and evidential burdens.
- Managing the litigation procedural timetable and risks associated with the same.
- Negotiating contractual agreements and collaborating with stakeholders.
Experience and qualifications
- Law degree or equivalent, LPC/BVC/Cilex route into practice.
- Minimum four years post qualification experience in practice as a Commercial Litigator dealing with disputes in the High Court.
- Experience working with Litigation Funders and insurers is preferable.
- Confident yet collaborative, with a strong drive to excel.
- As a growing business, we value individuals who are highly resourceful, willing to roll up their sleeves and take ownership of matters, knowing when to take decisions and when to escalate.
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards.
- Able to complete a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise.
- Capacity to analyse and synthesise information in a concise manner.
- 28 days holiday plus Public Holidays
- Statutory Pension Enrolment
- Private Health Care
How to apply
Please submit applications to email@example.com
If you have any questions in regards to the role/s advertised, please get in contact with a member of the team via firstname.lastname@example.org.